05 June 2012

TAST Week 22 & CQJP May Block

TAST Week 22 Knotted Cretan Stitch

I didn't have much time to spend on this stitch this week as I've been in 'Digital Designing' mode.
But that is a story for another blog post. I'll keep you in suspenders (haha) until later.

So here are two test samples for Knotted Cretan Stitch.
With the pink floss I was just playing with different stitch lengths, widths and stretches.
And with the green, well, it was meant to be a circle but I got distracted when one of the dogs decided it was time to throw an old shoe at me "oh come on mum, it must be playtime now".



CQJP May Block


I have got this block to a reasonable stopping point for now, and I'm calling it temporarily finished.
I need (at some point in the near future) to add something more to the left side because I can see that all the "weight" of embellishing is on the right, and the block is not balanced and not to my liking.....yet.

Detail pics......
Silver ribbon stitched to create a ruffle, and turquoise seed beads scattered around the folds.

Blanket Stitch half wheels in two strands of blue variegated DMC floss.

I've no idea what this is called, lol. How about "noughts and crosses".

A bit more added to my "V" exploratory seam. I like the effect of the turquoise/teal raised threads going from one 'knot' to the next. This stitch was one I made up. I think it may be something similar to the Scroll stitch, but this one is stitched differently.

Black cotton crochet scalloped edging lace, and a very short seam with detached chains, silver beads and blue French Knots.

Freeform Mandala with a shiny gold Shisha in the middle.

And my usual centre patch with a butterfly. Not one of my better butterflies I think. It looks more like a hawk-moth to me, probably because of the chunky bead body. 
I may 'frog' the green thread lines on the top as it just doesn't look 'right' to me.

So that's all for now sweet friends.
Back to work on the digital stuff for a day or two before I will allow myself to relax with needle and thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment