01 October 2012

An enjoyable stitching week

It has finally stopped raining here long enough to be able to walk in the fields without getting the 'slurpy-slurp' of stuck-in-the-mud welly boots (gum-boots). 

The flowers in the garden are brightly bobbing their colourful heads at me, the plum trees in the orchard have that wonderful white blossom that looks amazing as I stand underneath and gaze dreamily skywards and catch the beautiful glimpse of blue sky as background to the white blossom.

I have to look for the tell-tale signs of newly scratched earth in the undergrowth to direct me to the nesting spots to collect the hidden chicken eggs.
Oh what a merry dance I perform on my daily rounds.
Spring has sprung.


And the stitching.................oh, the stitching.

First, here is the August Block final pic that I missed showing you last weekend ..........






And so onto the stitching done this week on the September block.

This drizzle stitched piece was actually stitched the previous week, but I attached it to the block this week and added all those lovely French Knots to 'embed' it in its new place.
Does it looks like a multi-layered cake or a flouncy ballerina's tutu to you?



Do you remember that 'string art' craze of your youth?
Or maybe you remember it as a required lesson in the math classroom.
It was created by hammering nails into a wooden board and then you had to wind string back and forth to create geometric patterns.
Or you started with a piece of card with perforated holes that you threaded string through.

Well.................


............. here is my free form stitched version. 

A happy accident that appeared while I was 'playing' on my block this week.  



And now for this weeks TAST stitch.
Week 39 
(at least I think it is week 39, I seem to have lost my memory track)
The Knotted Buttonhole Stitch


And I'm sure you know me well enough by now to know that this Knotted Buttonhole seam is going to get some extra 'Cy embellishing treatment'.

My crochet trim for this block has been created too, but just not added to the block yet, so pics of that one next week. Also, I have stitched most of the butterfly for the central patch, and a few more seams that are half-stitched so far.

This block is progressing nicely, but I'm not sure that I can complete it during this coming week as I have a couple of other project deadlines looming up fast. But at least it is mostly done now.
I'm happy.

Hope you all have a great week ahead.

Happy Stitching





No comments:

Post a Comment