31 December 2012

Crazy Quilt block update


Work on the crazy quilt is ongoing.
Trying hard to catch-up and get the last couple of blocks completed during the first half of January, so that I can then stitch them together into my wall hanging before the end of January.

Progress has been made on the October block over the last two days.

Here is where I am at the moment - almost complete. 

Freestyle Rhodes Stitch



Dice - inspiration for this came from the silver dice that was in my Christmas cracker.



The Crochet piece for this block. With a row of Chain Stitch at the base.



An Invented Stitch - probably been invented before I created it, but it is not in any book of instructions that I know of. Starts as a 'sort of' ladder stitch but with a knot on each side that 'pulls the stitch into a 'blocky' looking zig-zag.



Cast-On Stitch in a variegated mercerized cotton.



Royal blue ribbon couched down with thinner black ribbon. (beads have been added since this photo).



The central butterfly needs finishing. Then on to the next block. 
I'm hoping to get both blocks completed in the next one or two weeks.
Got to give myself this goal so that I can bite away at it and finish it in time to start the next one.

Here are the (almost) complete block pics.
I might add a little more bling after I've done the next two blocks.






Wahoo! the end is in sight now.

Happy Stitching

1 comment:

  1. I love the dice - very unusual and SO cute!! Happy 2013 to you!!

    ReplyDelete