14 August 2013

Crochet Along Afghan & the NEW Project

Well there goes another week.
The "Invasion of the Packing Boxes" has started. At the moment most of the boxes are still in their flat-pack form, but a couple have been packed and stacked. It will probably be about a year before I see the contents of those boxes again.

Crochet Along Progress


The Pastel Squares Afghan is finished now. 
Quite pleased that it is finished but not too happy with the random squares as they all turned out a slightly different measurement which made the joining of them a little bit awkward. I think I managed to get the middle lines to behave as I joined the squares together, but that outside edge, well, I will have to talk a bit more sternly to that part. It needs blocking to try to get those edges straight. 
I probably will not be doing another 'random squares' afghan. Uniform squares would have a more professional finish.

And..... because my mind was thinking about the baby afghan colours.....
here is something else that just slipped off my crochet hook.



Felting

And now to reveal what I teased you with last week.
WIP

Meet Oscar...... he lives in Hampden Forest with his family and other villagers.
(He's not finished yet though. Needs more work on mouth, arms, hands, boots etc.)


This Oscar character is the start of my NEW project.
When he is finished he will sit on a log in the bush for a photo shoot, and then await the creation of his fellow Hampden Forest inhabitants.
I can see many wonderful hours spent creating this fantasy village, and finding family connections for them all.
Do I have fun, or what!!!

Have a great week.
 Cy 




1 comment:

  1. Oh, packing boxes...how well I remember thee! Your crochet pieces look lovely - but Mr. Oscar is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete