07 August 2013

Crochet - Felting - House Update

Creatively speaking I have had another fun week.
Not too many photos to show you though, sorry about that.

 Crochet Along Squares 

I have 12 squares made now. And that is it. I really don't have the enthusiasm to make any more, so I have started stitching the squares together with a rather textured stitch (or stitches actually). This will hopefully have the effect of blocking the squares and help to keep them 'square' when the baby afghan gets washed.
I had to disregard one of the squares I had made as it was too 'chunky' to match the rest, so I made one more square during the week.

Here are some pics of the sewing together parts, as yet unfinished.

Two rows of coral stitch, two rows of fake knitting (I still haven't learnt how to knit, but I have bought some knitting needles to correct that fact) and four rows of trebles.






I will hopefully have a photo of the finished project next week.
________________________________


 Felting 

A sneak peak at what is on my felting work-table this week.


Sorry for the tease, haha.
There is a reason I do not want to show the whole thing just yet.... 
I'm not sure if it going to be as good as I intended it to be, and I may have to do some rapid alterations to get it right.
This is another project that will hopefully be finished by next weeks blog update.


 House Update 

Phew.... all ok on this now, and we finally OWN the land in Hawkes Bay and can really start planning our dream home build. Celebrations started last night (mwuahahahahaha).

This is one of our fields and is where the house will be built. If we remove a couple of those smaller trees in the middle of the field we will have a great view of the Ruahine Ranges.


This is the next field, and probably where we have the workshop/barn/studio built.


And there are three more fields in addition to these two.
Work is progressing slowly on the caravan restoration that is to be our bedroom there while the build goes ahead, and we are on the lookout for another caravan to be our living and cooking rooms for a couple of months (or maybe more) during the build, and then we can use that caravan for touring when it is all finished.
Exciting times. I shall love even living in a caravan on these blocks. My 'for-ever' holiday home.








1 comment:

  1. When I peek through the trees I can see the view you will have - how beautiful is that!! I can see why you're excited.

    ReplyDelete