22 January 2014

Needle Tatting Beginnings

Humble beginnings. 

My first attempts at Needle Tatting were a failure. I don't know what I did wrong, but the 'thing' just fell apart and I ended up with a piece of thread with knots in it.
In the ORT's bin it went. 
Haha!
But, I'm not one to give up. I persisted, and eventually I got it.
My very first tatted ring. 
A bit uneven, but at least it's a start.


And, for an encore, I made another ring with 3 picots this time, but the photo I took of that one is too blurred to post, sorry.
____________________________________________

 CQ Straight From The Heart 
update - week 3

The Monogram letter "L" is for Love (of course)


And for embellishment I added the two tatted rings, filled with red French Knots, and stitched meandering tendrils.


_____________________________________________

Just For Fun

Just thought I'd share this typical photo shot of Mojo.
He's always half-way down a hole.


Incidentally, did you notice his little white heart on the tip of his tail.








1 comment:

  1. Awww.....that little heart on his tail is SO cute!! I'm impressed with your tatting - I tried to learn a couple of times and finally gave up.

    ReplyDelete