19 February 2014

Hearts Quilt week 7 - Dresden Plate block

 Straight From the Heart 
Week 7

The Dresden Plate block is progressing.
My monogram is centred on it and the French Knots surrounding the middle are now complete.

I have to admit, before I go any further, that I did not personally stitch this Dresden Plate block. My mother did.
It was one of the first "lessons" that I taught her when I was doing the 2 yr City & Guilds Patchwork & Quilting course.

As a professional seamstress she was always making clothing and garments, but had never ventured into quilting. When she saw the fun things I was creating on my course she was very eager to learn what she could about this new style of stitching.

The fabrics used on this piece are all recycled from dresses,skirts, and tops that were either my mothers, mine or my daughters. 

This quilt of many memories is for me.



The seams of the Dresden Plate will be embellished with stitches in the crazy patchwork style.











1 comment:

  1. What a treasured article filled with memories Cy - lovely!

    ReplyDelete