17 September 2014

A Glorious Double Rainbow Moment

Isn't this just wonderful.
I have just snapped this double rainbow from my deck. It was even brighter than the photo shows, and the second rainbow is more prominent in real life too. A shame the photo does not show it to its full glory.
I also too a shot of the whole arc across the sky, showing the light sky under it and the dark sky above it, but... (sorry) ... I must have had my hand in the way of the lens as it turned out too blurred and hidden. I was trying to shield the camera from the rain.
Anyway, I hope you get that it was a glorious moment, lol.


It is rather fortuitous that I had that rainbow to post here today because
Craft Work this week has been a bit sparse, but here is a glimpse of something for you.



I have a couple of very welcome visitors coming to stay for a long weekend with us.
I'm looking forward to a good catch-up with Emma (dd) and Chris.

I have been 'tagged' in the Blog-Hop, so look out for my post next Monday (22nd Sept) all about my work and my creative processes. There may be something to surprise you as you learn a bit more about me.

4 comments:

  1. You know, I don't think I'd ever seen a double rainbow until we moved up to the Pacific Northwest. By now I've seen them a handful of times. It's always a beautiful sight. Congrats on capturing this one as well as you did!

    Enjoy your time with your guests. :- )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, I'm sure I will have a great time catching up with our daughter. I get to see her only a couple of times a year.

      Delete
  2. I have tried many times to take a decent photo of rainbows but they never have turned out as being even remotely recognizable. You got lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was busy admiring it for a while before I thought to get my camera, so it had faded a bit by the time I got the shot.

      Delete