11 January 2017

(Batty) Bertha Bling


Say hello to Bertha Bling, better known to her closest friends as 'Batty'.


The Ravelry Freeform groups January challenge brief was to create your Inner Beast using a magic ball of yarn. A pattern was provided by one of our members. As this was a Freeform challenge it was expected that the pattern would be used as a starting point, or spring board, to create our own Inner Beasts. Many of the resulting Inner Beasts are hilariously unique. Pop over to the Ravelry Project board to see them, and more Inner Beasts are still being created as some members are having so much fun with this they are creating a whole family of Inner Beasts, lol.
Inner Beast Project Board. (You have to be a member on Ravelry to view this link.)

I started with the pattern instructions for the body, but freeform took over just as I reached the leg holes.
What happened then I can only describe as innovative.
A bit of a Budha style tummy, and other curvy body shapes, appeared. She had driven her way into my head and was creating herself.
She is 16” tall in a siting position, and 27” from toe to crown.
Half woman / half beast. She occupies her days by creating havoc and laughing very loud. In just the nine days that I have known her she has kicked over my water glass twice, hidden the back door key, left a tap running in the bathroom, tipped a box of my yarns over, worst of all, left a hand/claw print in the un-set jelly.
Her name is Bertha Bling but her friends affectionately call her Batty for short.
She is by far the craziest woman, or beast, that has ever come to live in my house (although my family would argue that I’m almost at the top of the crazy list).
___________________________________________________
Other things that have been made this week:
Moody Blue 12" square - designed by Helen Shrimpton

and Efflorescent Window - designed by Laurie O. Campbell.
These are 6" squares that may, or may not, be joined together to make another block. I'm undecided whether to use them as individuals or not. They need another round of stitches to get them to the 6", but I'm waiting to see what other 6" blocks I make first.



Happy Stitching



3 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore Bertha Bling!!! What an amazingly fun studio mascot. Makes me want to make one too! That's one thing about dolls - they do end up telling you what they want to be, and in no uncertain terms too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is meant to be sitting in my studio to 'watch over' everything there, but she was last seen chasing the cat in the garden.

      Delete
  2. I think Bertha is awesome! I think her cousin lives in my head, maybe I ought to make one! More love to your BAM blocks too.

    ReplyDelete