28 March 2018

A bit more on the hexie quilt & other things

What have I been up to this week. Well, lots of things of course, lol.

I have been slowly plodding away with my little ¾ hexies for the quilt.
Not a very interesting photo, but at least it is progress.


Another scrumblicious  scrumble.


And on the 'mini' scene, I have been making and staining more floor boards. 
This is about 60 boards. A long job ahead still.


And I've fitted the stove together, it still needs finishing off with paint and handles on the doors.

Because the miniatures are taking up a big part of my life, I've decided to start another blog site totally dedicated to my miniatures.
I'll let you know the url for it once it's up and running.

Thats all for now.
See you in the next post.

Cyra





2 comments:

  1. By 3/4 hexxies I assume you mean that they measure 3/4 inch? If so, you deserve accolades for working that small! What are you using to make your floor boards? I had thought of popsicle sticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I forgot the " next to the ¾. Yes the hexies are ¾" (inch) on each side.
      The floorboards are indeed lollypop (popsicle) sticks. It's a long job cutting them to the right size and then individually staining each one. I'd rather stain them individually because they look more like real boards that way rather than glueing them all in place and then staining them. They need to have an irregular appearance like real wood.

      Delete